Monday, January 16, 2006

To Time



How can a short poem take five long years to be completed? This poem can be an example: I wrote its first lines some time after Huong Thao's wedding, while the last modifications were made only yesterday. The poem still hasn't been as good as I expected it to be, and I completed it simply because it needs to be completed. Hope that I can get rid of those old good memories now…

O Time! How could I forget all
The happy years of yore?
Thou blewest the pretty girls away,
I will not meet them more.

The red lips and the rosy cheeks,
So dearly once to me,
Are faded all now, like a waft
Of final fantasy.

I spent my lifetime's finest years
In loving you, my dears!
But now when all the love has gone
Nothing remains -- but tears...

2001-2006

2 comments:

Hắc Nguyệt said...

May cai anh dep qua, Lang nhi. Kiem o dau the chi cho huynh voi.

Wiruzky von Lanzet said...

À, hình đó là vẽ theo truyện Tale of Genji (Genji monogatari). Huynh sử dụng google thì chuyển sang chế độ tìm kiếm hình ảnh (http://images.google.com) rồi search với từ khóa Genji Murasaki hay thứ gì đó đại loại như thế (các nhân vật trong truyện).

Đệ cũng rất thích lối vẽ kiểu này.