Saturday, January 14, 2006

Last night



For Khanh Linh and Hien Anh

Last night I had a dream of you
Who came to knock my door.
I woke up from that lovely dream
And you were there no more.

Last night I had an illusion
That you loved me at last.
How sweet the taste of love was then!
But soon illusion passed.

Last night I had a loneliness,
A room, a bed, a lamp, a chair,
An unfinished poem with no rhyme;
A love you never care.

Last night I had a poem to write
With sorrow and with tear.
And in the quietness of the night,
You gently disappear… 

2005/12/12 – after the vacation to Mui Ne

2 comments:

Zero said...

Last night
I watched a teardrop
slowly trace its way
across your lovely
cheek.
It hovered a moment
at the tip of your nose
as if to tease me
and make me feel ashamed
for hurting you so badly.
Finally it broke itself free
and came to a rest
on your soft pillow
to join countless others
of its kind that I
never knew existed.

Wiruzky von Lanzet said...

Well, Zero, I never knew you have such a sensitive soul and poetic skill! If you were not a programmer, you would be a successful writer.