I
your heart is like a pretty gem
that decorates Our Virgin's crown
whose beauty awes the entire world
yet too bright to become my own
your heart is like a lovely star
that shines the vesper sky above
whose light illuming seems so close
but still too high for me to love
your heart is like a blooming rose
whose holy fragrance spreads that such
a pilgrim like me might adore
but do not even dare to touch!
II
with science I am good enough
with art of letters I am smart
but such a clumsy thief am I
to try to steal your precious heart!
let me adore you from afar
in wordless piety no one knows
just like a traveller to a star
just like a pilgrim to a rose
since mortal encounters are brief
I will treasure this transient tract
for time is soon to bid farewell
and leave your loyal heart intact...
2010/12/22
your heart is like a pretty gem
that decorates Our Virgin's crown
whose beauty awes the entire world
yet too bright to become my own
your heart is like a lovely star
that shines the vesper sky above
whose light illuming seems so close
but still too high for me to love
your heart is like a blooming rose
whose holy fragrance spreads that such
a pilgrim like me might adore
but do not even dare to touch!
II
with science I am good enough
with art of letters I am smart
but such a clumsy thief am I
to try to steal your precious heart!
let me adore you from afar
in wordless piety no one knows
just like a traveller to a star
just like a pilgrim to a rose
since mortal encounters are brief
I will treasure this transient tract
for time is soon to bid farewell
and leave your loyal heart intact...
2010/12/22
0 comments:
Post a Comment