Thursday, April 13, 2006

For Jane




So it has been three months since Li Xiaojuan bid farewell to our Gameloft Saigon studio and returned to her northern country. I still remember that Friday, January 13, 2006. In fact, I don't miss her as much as someone does (isn't it, Zero?) but at some lonely hours her smiling face suddenly comes back haunting my mind, and I surrender myself to that harmless nostalgia. She is a plain flower from the north, and I am a prodigy of the south with incurable floramania. Zero named her Jane, and what a sweet name it is!
 
This poem was composed during her time in Saigon -- I started writing the first lines sometimes after her arrival, and finished the last lines sometimes before her departure. It would be better not to translate the poem to Vietnamese or English, but Traditional Chinese encoding will be necessary for the characters to be displayed properly.


 
是不是書中忽出的林黛玉?
每這離散的花片都自我心
道路上天空中隨風落遍
誰是當時泣淚葬花人?
 

是不是書中忽出的林黛玉
不過在眼睛中沒有淚痕
只見孤獨的佳人看我而微笑
真可愛如雪的素臉,若風的淡脣
 

不幸我是個無言的浪子
好色是本性, 而有情又無
不敢 "我喜歡你" 簡單的數字
因此無可一生千里共嬋娟...

 
2005

0 comments: